I'm very bored
so let me tell you why I love my current job.
1. I get to dress up all formal and professionally to meet client. You know like the typical career woman. My boss was just telling me that we need to get a blazer for me so that it will be more professional looking when we meet clients. And the best part: he's gonna pay for it! Hehehehe.
2. I don't have to wake up early (on most days) because my boss is very kind wan! He will ask me to go office which is about 10 minutes away from my place at around 10am. So, I get to wake up at 9am. Unless we have events going on (just like last Sunday and the following weekends), I had to get up at 6am! -_-
but I guess it's normal lah hor... I used to get up at that time everyday before this!
3. When I go to work, I have a chauffer to drive me around. And it's free of charge. And when I do go to work, my meals and drinks are paid for too. And I've been a regular customer to Starbucks and San Franscisco Coffee. I think I've been there more times in the past 2 weeks than I've been there for the past 21 years ;p
4. I now have an additional phone line to make business calls and it's all paid for too! :D
The best part: my boss is going to get me a phone because I only have one phone and it's very troublesome to keep changing sim cards. It will be a cheap phone la of course. Probably between Rm200 to Rm300? Whatever it is, I guess, a free
phone for me pretty soon eh? ;)
5. Let me tell you a story. Hahaha. So random siao eh.
Last week my boss gave me some work to do for last Sundays event. I didn't finish it yet and on Saturday we were supposed to go to Marriots Hotel to set up for the event the next day. And if you realize last Saturday was Valentine's day ma. Then I told my boss that I want to go back earlier on Saturday lah want to curi tulang a bit hehehe. Then he said got a lot of things to do, so I thought ok lor nvm liao lah. Then we were preparing for the presentation and then he said,"too bad it's not on Valentine's day if not I can tell the participants whoever is very participative can have a dinner with the master facilitator. But then, everyone might not want to participate to avoid having dinner with me! (hahahahaha! Why my boss so funny!?) Eh, wait. It's one day after Valentine's day right???! So tomorrow is Valentine's day no wonder you want to go off earlier! Okay, tomorrow you no need to go to work. You can go celebrate Valentine's day. Just pass the work that you're supposed to do to me and I'll finish it for you!
" OMG Why is my boss so funny and nice?!??!
6. I get to learn all the skills that I would consider important to survive in working world. Communication skills, presentation skills, networking, how-to and how-not-to etc. Good skills to acquire for life lah I supposed.
7. I get to eat good stuff :D
Like last week's event, it was held at Marriots Hotel. All the participants were provided with food at cafeteria while we *ahemthemoreimportantpeopleahem*
were asked to go to the restaurant to enjoy the lunch at their expense! Now, life is good. Hehehehe.
Of course you will feel that my life is so selamba and this job is so easy! Nothing to do also. But, I can assure you that it's NOT
easy in anyway! There are so many things I need to learn and pick up as soon as possible. He's training me and making me think think think critically!! My brain damn slow okay? Rusty liao :(
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
This is the time
....... when I miss being in London.
The weather is killing and melting me.
I hate this weather.
Especially when I go out for meetings with client in my FORMAL & PROFESSIONAL
I swear I can feel my sweat dripping down from my bra -_-
All I'm asking for is for the room to be cooler.
Cooler in the sense that I don't sweat and wet my shirt when I'm at home in the afternoon!
Is that too much to ask for?? :(
Now I wish I have to go to office everyday to work.
At least I have an air-conditioned room.
Mel O gave her order @ 8:02 AM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
How was your Valentine's?
I definitely did :D
With great food.
And fantastic company :)
Happy Valentine's Dear
Mel O gave her order @ 4:04 PM
Friday, February 13, 2009
Dawn Lim Yeen Sze
OMG I'm super excited.
My friend got through Malaysian Dream Girls Season 2!!
Top 12 finalists.
I'm so excited for you girl!
share the same 'father
Although we obviously don't look alike.
Mel: Why am I so fat and you're so thin!? :(
Dawn: Because you ate all my food lah ;p
Good friend I have here.
We share the same passion.
We share the same characteristic.Tak tahu malu
We dengan tak malunya took pictures with the "No Entry" sign by a road side.
We dengan tak malunya took 1001 shots of jumping pose by a busy road side.
We dengan tak malunya always ask for free things from our customers.
We dengan tak malunya laugh damn loudly even at public places.
But, that's what make you so unique and special
and so sua-ku like me
that we can click well despite only knowing you for two months.
I promise I will watch every episode without fail even if I will be busy.
I promise I will vote for you even if I will be out of credit.
But you don't forget to do the things I told you okay? Hehehe.
All the best in MDG girl!
Mel O gave her order @ 12:47 PM
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Yes, I resigned.
Guess, my wish to be a manager just didn't work out as how I thought it would be.
I resigned due to a few factors.
1. My mom have been bugging and nagging me due to the nature of the job. She doesn't like her daughter going on the streets selling things. I guess it's normal for parents to react in such a way especially after spending so much on my education. I tried explaining my reasons for staying in the business but she seems to object it very strongly.
2. It striked me during the CNY holidays that what I really want to do in life revolves around my passion and interest and not really money. Of course having fnancial independence at a young age is very attractiv but I don't want to be doing my job for the sake of the money. I want to be doing my job at my own commitment and willingness. I can be a workaholic if I really like the job and money is not an issue (of course if the pay is good it's better lah).
3. I believe that I will be successful (one day) if I like the job and put a lot of hardwork now because I'm lack of experience for the time being. I want to be successful and be known for something (not for selling perfumes only). So, for the mean time I shall gather whatever experience possible since my boss is a very influencial man and hopefully with all the knowledge and experiences, my future will be more secured.
So, now I'm actually working for SDG Consulting under Tengku Indra, a very influencial man, as a Human Capital Associate.
Fuh, the title is super-the-canggih-makes-me-feel-so-sophisticated
I like the job
although I have yet to start working. I'll be meeting clients with him next week and attend an event with YTL (Yes, Keshia and Ming Zi I remember the name now ;p) next Sunday. I have a pack schedule next week from Wednesday to Sunday. My first corporate meeting with Suria KLCC owner :D
Oh and the best part, I don't have to go to office wan! hehehe. I work from home because my boss is a Singaporean and he's only in Malaysia from Wednesday to Saturdays. So, most of the time on Monday and Tuesday I'll be working at home... Wednesday to Saturday meet my boss at the Starbucks nearby my house (I no transport lah that's why meet somewhere convenient for me) for meeting and discussion for upcoming events for a few hours only lah (not 9am to 5pm job lah this one). Of course if got clients I will need to tag along to learn and see how he does things lah. But, I guess it will be pretty fun... I hope.
Now, I will have a lot more time as compared to my previous job to reply mails, messages on MSN, SMSes, phone calls and more time to spend with friends. Now you people can ask me out to yam cha at night liao since my working hours very flexible :)
Mel O gave her order @ 5:50 AM
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I'm meeting my favourite girls tonight!
Been awhile since I last saw them and had a good chat over a good meal.
Tonight is so gonna be a wonderful night.
Lots of catching up to do...
Now that everyone is working, most of the topic is gonna revolve around working world. I feel so matured! :D
ps. Li Huey you're also my favourite girl okay? Don't merajuk.
Mel O gave her order @ 4:39 AM